WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As set forth in more detail below, Les Canebiers collects personal information that you provide when using the Lescanebiers.com web site ("Site"), and if you provide us information when you visit one of our stores and agree to sign up for our mailing list. This information includes your first and last name, email address and a password when you create your Lescanebiers.com account. You can browse and purchase on this Site without creating an account. But you will need to create an account in order to take advantage of certain features, such as checking your orders history and the other Lescanebiers.com services. We may ask you to confirm your personal information when you contact our Customer Service department. This will allow us to help protect your confidentiality by verifying your identity.
When you have created an account, the password that you create will soon be activated to enable you to access the Site. Passwords may not be shared or used by more than one individual. It is each individual user’s responsibility to remember and protect such password and not to disclose it to any other person.
Remember to choose a strong password, including numbers, capital letters, special characters, etc., and is not typically found in a dictionary. In the event your password is lost or stolen it is your responsibility to notify Les Canebiers at the address listed in the “Contact Us” section. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information. We have the right to disable any user name, password or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time [in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including] if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of this Agreement.
Les Canebiers encourages all users of this Site and all visitors to our stores to register for the mailing list, so that you can receive the latest information from Vilbrequin on new products, collections and special offers. You may unsubscribe at any time by logging to you account or contacting us.
Les Canebiers logs your current Internet address (this is usually a temporary address assigned by your Internet service provider when you log in), the type of operating system you are using, and the type of browser software used. In addition, Les Canebiers may keep track of what portions of this Site you are visiting. Les Canebiers aggregates this information to help Les Canebiers improve or create a better experience for users of the Site. For example: Les Canebiers may upgrade those parts of the Site that are heavily visited.
Our website automatically records website usage information that we analyze statistically to track operational problems, to prevent fraud and to improve the effectiveness, security and integrity of the site. We do not use this information to track or record information about individuals. We will disclose this information to third parties only in aggregate form or as may be required by law. For each page that you visit, we collect and store the following technical information in what is called a web server log file:
- Date and time of access
- URL address of the Les Canebiers webpage visited
- Internet domain and IP address from which our website was accessed
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our site (if provided by the browser)
- URL address of the referring page (if provided by the browser)
- Completion or success status of the request for a web page or other on-line item
- File size of the webpage visited
A cookie is a piece of information that a web site sends to your computer, which is stored in a file on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie does not tell us your individual identity unless you have chosen to provide it to us. Most cookies expire after a defined period of time.
When you make a purchase from Lescanebiers.com, we collect your name, address, phone number, email and payment method information, such as credit card information. We collect this information in order to bill you for your purchase. We also collect information that allows us to ship your order. This includes the name, address, and phone number of the intended recipient(s).
How Les Canebiers may use your personal information
Les Canebiers may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to process and fulfil your orders and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Les Canebiers;
- to provide after-sales services to you, including but not limited to administering return or refund policies;
- to analyse it in order to understand the products and services Les Canebiers provides and in order to improve Les Canebiers’s business;
- to notify you about changes to Les Canebiers‘s products and services;
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site if available, when you choose to do so, including, if you elect to register with the Site, to manage your account, including verifying that your e-mail address is active and valid;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising Les Canebiers serves to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to deliver relevant advertising to you via Les Canebiers’s partner websites and apps.
- to ensure that content from Les Canebiers’s Site is presented in the most effective and personalized manner for you and for your device.
- to anonymize personal information and prepare and furnish aggregated data reports showing anonymized information (including, but not limited to, the following: compilations, analyses, analytical and predictive models and rules, and other aggregated reports) for Les Canebiers’s business purposes.
- to protect against, address and prevent fraud, unauthorized activities, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and enforce legal and contract obligations; and/or
- to comply with any applicable law and Les Canebiers’s policies.
WHEN AND WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Les Canebiers may disclose personally identifiable information you provide to third parties if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) complete the sales transaction, such as providing your shipping information to our carrier; (b) comply with legal process; (c) enforce the Agreement; (d) respond to claims that any information you provide violates the rights of third parties; (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Les Canebiers, its users and/or the public; or (f) in the event that all or substantially all of Les Canebiers’s assets are acquired by a third party. Except as provided in the preceding sentence, we never sell or rent your personal information to any third parties, unless we have your expressed permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is required to prevent harm or injury (such as product recalls, fraud, claims or other liability) or to comply with valid legal processes (subpoenas, warrants) or as required by law. We may share aggregated demographic and statistical information with our partners. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
HOW YOU CAN CONTROL THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can modify or delete your personal information anytime.
Do not share your Lescanebiers.com password with anyone. Other than on this Site, Lescanebiers.com will never ask you for your password.
Because Les Canebiers links to social media sites, and from time to time may include third-party advertisements, other parties may collect your personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different web sites when you visit this Site.
Please note that not all tracking will stop even if you delete cookies.
Les Canebiers uses no encryption (data scrambling) on certain portions of the Site, but uses encryption on portions where you are transmitting financial information, such as credit card information. When you are on any web site that asks you for confidential information, you should check to see if the information being transmitted is encrypted in order to increase the security of your information. Keep in mind that there is no such thing as perfect security.
For further information on Privacy matters, please contact us.
Effective Date: November, 14th 2016